Traveling Vote Center schedule is set for election
As campaign signs begin to dot the landscape, once again it’s election season here in Switzerland County.
Switzerland County Clerk of Courts Gayle Sullivan has announced the schedule for the upcoming traveling vote centers, which will be utilized again this year.
The design of the traveling vote centers is to give Switzerland County voters more opportunities to cast their ballots, coordinating around work schedules and other responsibilities. The vote centers will be open at different locations around the county over a two week period leading up to Election Day, which is Tuesday, November 8th.
Registered voters may go to any of the vote center locations — regardless of where the voter lives in the county. The computerized system allows each voter to get the ballot that is specific to their residence, regardless of where they are voting.
Here’s a look at this year’s schedule:
• Voting will be held at the Moorefield Firehouse on Thursday, October 27th from 8 a.m. until noon; and on Friday, October 28th from 2-6 p.m.
• At the East Enterprise Firehouse, voting will be held on Saturday, October 29th from 8 a.m. until noon; and on Monday, October 31st from 2-6 p.m.
• The Vote Center will be at the Posey Township Firehouse on Tuesday, November 1st, from 8 a.m. until noon; and on Wednesday, November 2nd from 2-6 p.m.
• The Florence Firehouse in York Township will have voting on Thursday, November 3rd from 8 a.m. until noon; and on Friday, November 4th from 2-6 p.m.
• Voting will then come to the Switzerland County TEC Building on Seminary Street in Vevay on Saturday, November 5th from 8 a.m. until noon; and on Monday, November 7th from 8 a.m. until noon
• On Election Day, Tuesday, November 8th, voting will be available in the Switzerland County TEC Building on Seminary Street in Vevay from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. This is the only voting site that will be available on Election Day.
In addition to the Traveling Vote Centers, voting is available on the first floor of the Switzerland County Courthouse from Wednesday, October 12th through Monday, November 7th.
Residents may vote at the courthouse on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. until noon and again from 1-3 p.m.; and on Thursdays from 8:30-11:30 a.m.
On Monday, November 7th, voting is available at the courthouse from 8 a.m. until noon; and voting in the courthouse will also be available on Saturday, October 29th and Saturday, November 5th, from 8 a.m. until noon each Saturday.