The Switzerland County High School girls and boys varsity track teams participated in the ORVC Conference Meet held last Tuesday night.
The Lady Pacers finished third overall in the meet, finishing just one point out of second place and just 10 points behind conference champion South Ripley.
The Pacer boys team finished in sixth place, but were just nine points out of fifth.
For the Lady Pacers, they were led by two-time conference champion Raylinn Kappes, who won both the 100-meter dash and then earned the Blue Ribbon in the 200-meter dash in a personal record time of :27.93.
Kappes then returned to the track to cement her standing as the fastest girl in the conference when she joined Terra Oeffinger, Brooklyn Flanders and Megan Wetzel in winning the 400-meter relay in a person record time of :53.98; and racked up her fourth first place by joining Flanders, Gracie White, and Wetzel in winning the 1,600-meter relay.
White also posted an individual championship, winning in the 1,600-meter run in a personal record time of 5:38.
Other results for the girls included:
• In the 3,200-meter run: White placed second with a personal record time of 13:47; and Miranda Earls finished seventh.
• White placed third in the 400-meter dash.
• In the 300-meter intermediate hurdles, Wetzel placed third and Carly Bennett finished eighth.
• The 800-meter run saw Alisha Detmer finish in third place overall and Macy Collier finished fifth in a person record time of 2:54.
• Detmer earned third place in the long jump with a personal record distance of 14’5”.
• In the high jump, Detmer finished third and Collier finished fifth.
• In the shot put, Hannah Hayes was fifth and Oeffinger finished 10th.
• In the discus, Hayes was fifth and Oeffinger finished 10th.
• Wetzel was fifth in the 100-meter dash.
• The 3,200-meter relay team of Cheyenne Wick, Angela Garrett, Earls, and Dakota Richards finished fifth.
• Detmer finished sixth in the 1,600-meter run.
• In the 100-meter hurdles, Bennett finished seventh and Oeffinger finished eighth.
In the boys meet, the lone Pacer All Conference champions was the 400-meter relay team of Myles Covington, Matt Davis, Tyler Hoskins, and JW Goldsberry, who posted a personal record time of :46.62.
Other boys ORVC results included:
• In the 100-meter dash: Covington finished second and Davis finished fourth.
• The 1,600-meter relay team of Covington, Hoskins, JW Goldsberry, and Nathan Furnish was third in a personal record time of 3:51.
• Nathan Furnished was fourth and Dylan Sullivan was 11th in the 1,600-meter run.
ª In the 800-meter run, Nathan Furnish finished fourth in a personal record time of 2:11.
• In the 200-meter dash, JW Goldsberry was fourth and Hoskins was sixth in a person record time of :25:11.
• Ryan Hughes threw a personal record distance of 97’11” to earn sixth place; while Levi Goldsberry finished in 12th place.
• Jaydon Day was seventh in the 400-meter dash.
• In the long jump, Day was seventh and Darion Graham finished eighth.
• Sullivan was eights in the 3,200-meter run in a personal best time of 12:14.
• In the shot put, Sam Galbreath finished ninth and Hoskins was 10th.
• Nathan Jones was ninth in the 110-meter hurdles.
• In the 300-meter intermediate hurdles, Daniel Whitham was ninth in a personal best time of :50.27; and Jones finished in 12th place.