It was a rainy night in the area last Thursday, but Switzerland County High School still hosted the annual Vevay Media Group Invitational track meet to impressive performances and outstanding achievements.
Along with the Pacers, the meet featured Southwestern, Milan, Rising Sun, Shawe Memorial, Lawrenceburg, and Jac-Cen-Del.
In the girls meet, Switzerland County finished second overall with 108 points, trailing champion Lawrenceburg, which tallied 111 points.
Jac-Cen-Del was third with 79; followed by Southwestern with 71, Rising Sun with 36, Shawe Memorial with 28; and Milan with 27.
• In the 3,200-meter relay, the Lady Pacer team of Cheyenne Wick, Angela Garrett, Dakota Richards, and Miranda Earls finished third with a time of 14:53.81.
• In the 100-meter hurdles: Carly Bennett finished sixth in a time of :19.05 and Terra Oeffinger finished seventh in a time of :20.58.
• The 100-meter dash saw Switzerland County’s Raylinn Kappes bring home the win in a time of :13.43; and Megan Wetzel finished fifth in a time of :14.06.
• Gracie White won the 1,600-meter run in a time of 6:11.09; while Alisha Detmer finished in third place with a time of 6:21.72.
• In the 400-meter relay, the Switzerland County team of Terra Oeffinger, Megan Wetzel, Brooklyn Flanders, and Raylinn Kappes finished second in a time of :54.37.
• Gracie White earned her second individual championship when she won the 400-meter dash in a time of 1:04.62; and teammate Dakota Richards finished in sixth place in a time of 1:13.90.
• In the 300-meter intermediate hurdles, Megan Wetzel earned third place in a time of :52.49; while Carly Bennett finished in sixth place in a time of 1:01.90.
• Alisha Detmer won the 800-meter run with a time of 2”43.94; and Macy Collier was fourth in the race with a time of 3:00.72.
• Raylinn Kappes strengthened the argument that she’s the fast girl sprinter in the area by winning the 200-meter dash in a time of :27.89; with Brooklyn Flanders finishing in fifth place with a time of :30.78.
• The the 3,200-meter run, Alisha Detmer finished fifth in a time of 14:44.12.
• Competing in the 1,600-meter relay, the Switzerland County team of Brooklyn Flanders, Raylinn Kappes, Megan Wetzel, and Gracie White won the event in a time of 4:36.06.
• In the high jump, Macy Collier finished in fourth place while Alisha Detmer finished in fifth place, both clearing 4’6”.
• Hannah Hayes finished sixth overall in the discus with a distance of 77’; and Terra Oeffinger finished 10th with a distance of 60’11”.
• Hannah Hayes was fifth in the shot put with a distance of 27’ 11 1/2”; and Terra Oeffinger was eighth with a distance of 25’ 9 1/2”.
• In the long jump, Miranda Earls finished ninth with a leap of 9’ 3 1/2”.
Emmalina Leatherman of Shawe Memorial earned the most points in the meet, and was honored as the MVP.
In the boys invitational, Southwestern won the meet with a team score of 123; followed by Lawrenceburg with 109. Milan finished with 81 1/3-points; Jac-Cen-Del was fourth with 69; Rising Sun was fifth with 32 1/3-points; Switzerland County was sixth with 32 points; and Shawe Memorial had 17 1/3-points.
Individually for the Pacers:
• Myles Covington finished third in the 100-meter dash with a time of :11.65.
• Nathan Furnish finished fourth in the 1,600-meter run with a time of 5:07.72; and Dylan Sullivan finished 12th with a time of 5:40.06.
• The Pacer 400-meter relay team of Myles Covington, Matt Davis, Tyler Hoskins, and JW Goldsberry finished second with a time of :46.78.
• In the 400-meter dash, Jaydon Day finished seventh in a time of 1:00.08.
• In the 300-meter intermediate hurdles, Nathan Jones finished 12th with a time of :55.06.
• In the 800-meter run, Nathan Furnish earned fourth place with a time of 2:16.37.
• The 200-meter dash saw Tyler Hoskins finish in fourth place with a time of :24.87.
• Dylan Sullivan finished eighth in the 3,200-meter run with a time of 13:36.41.
• The 1,600-meter relay team of Myles Covington, Tyler Hoskins, JW Goldsberry, and Nathan Furnish finished third with a time of 3:52.50.
• In the discus, Ryan Hughes finished eighth with a distance of 84’7”; and Levi Goldsberry finished 12th with a distance of 69’7”.
• The shot put event saw Ryan Hughes earn seventh place with a distance of 34’ 1/4”; and Sam Galbreath finished in ninth place with a distance of 30’ 4 1/2”.
• In the long jump, Jaydon Day was seventh with a distance of 16’ 1 1/2”; and Darion Graham was ninth with a distance of 15’4”.
The MVP in the boys invitational was Owen Bates of Southwestern.