The Switzerland County girls and boys varsity track teams participated in the ORVC Track Meet last Tuesday evening, May 9th — with outstanding results.
The Lady Pacers dominated the conference event to earn the championship; posting a team total of 159 points.
South Ripley finished second with 129; followed by Rising Sun with 67; Southwestern with 50; Milan with 30; Jac-Cen-Del with 11; and Shawe Memorial with 10.
Switzerland County was led by individual champions Gracie White, who won the 800-meter run in a time of 2:28.92; and Claire Rogers, who won the 3,200-meter run in a time of 12:32.14.
In field events, freshman Addy Preston won the shot put with a distance of 29’5”.
The 1,600-meter relay team of Dakota Richards, Brooklyn Flanders, Lauren Smith, and White earned the blue ribbon in a time of 4:31.10.
• In the 100-meter dash: Smith was second and Avy Burkholder finished fourth.
• In the 200-meter dash: again Smith finished second and Burkholder fourth.
• In the 400-meter dash: Flanders was third and Richards finished seventh.
• Along with White’s victory in the 800-meter run, Rogers finished third overall.
• In the 1,600-meter run: White finished second and Carlee Boggs finished sixth.
• In the 3,200-meter run, following champion Rogers to the finish line was White, who ran to a second place finish.
• In the 100-meter hurdles, Terra Oeffinger finished fourth and Madison Hannan was fifth.
• In the 300-meter intermediate hurdles: Rogers was second and Amber Detmer finished fifth.
• In the 400-meter relay, the team of Oeffinger, Burkholder, Baylee Romans, and Smith finished second.
• In the 3,200-meter relay, the quartet of Detmer, Richards, Boggs, and Macy Collier finished third.
• In the high jump: Collier finished third and Romans finished fifth.
• In the long jump: Burkholder was second and Romans finished seventh.
• Along with Preston’s shot put victory; Oeffinger finished second overall,
• In the discus: Preston was second and Sydney Louden finished fourth.
The Pacer boys team did not have any individual champions, but put together a solid team effort to finish third overall with 66 points.
Milan won the conference with a total of 171; followed by Southwestern with 85 1/2.
After Switzerland County, South Ripley was fourth with 63; Rising Sun had 41; Jac-Cen-Del had 27 1/2; and Shawe Memorial had 10.
• In the 100-meter dash: Matthew Davis was third and Ty Lay finished sixth.
• In the 200-meter dash: Davis was fourth and Lay was sixth.
• In the 400-meter dash: Jalen Brookbank was fifth and Ethan Jones finished eighth.
• In the 800-meter run: Nathan Furnish finished fifth and Luke Sullivan finished 12th.
• In the 1,600-meter run: Furnish was fourth and Luke Sullivan was fifth.
• In the 3,200-meter run: Luke Sullivan was sixth and Dylan Sullivan was seventh.
• In the 110-meter hurdles: Matthew Young was sixth and Michael Young was seventh.
• In the 300-meter intermediate hurdles: Michael Young finished third and Matthew Young finished fifth.
• In the 400-meter relay: the team of Alex Bailey, Davis, Keaton Mosley, and Lay finished second.
• In the 1,600-meter relay: the squad of Brookbank, Furnish, Lay, and Cale Collier was second.
• In the 3,200-meter relay: the quartet of Furnish, Brookbank, Dylan Sulivan, and Collier finished second.
• In the high jump: Bailey was third and Kaden Riley finished eighth.
• In the long jump: Riley was fifth and Matthew Young was sixth.
• In the shot put: Trevor Reed was ninth and Dylan Sullivan finished 10th.
• In the discus: Dylan Sullivan finished sixth and Reed finished eighth.