Girls second, boys
third at JCD Invite
The Switzerland County High School boys and girls track teams participated in a invitational at Jac-Cen-Del on Thursday, April 15th.
The Lady Pacers earned second place overall; while the boys team earned third place in their meet.
In the girls meet:
• Raylinn Kappes earned first place in the 100-meter dash with a personal record time and also won the 200-meter dash.
• Alisha Detmer won the 1,600-meter run; finished second in the 800-meter run; and was fourth in the long jump.
• Gracie White won the 400-meter dash and the 800-meter dash.
• The 400-meter relay team of Kappes, Megan Wetzel, Brooklyn Flanders, and Carly Bennett won their race.
• Earning the win in the 1,600-meter relay was the team of Kappes, Detmer, Wetzel, and White.
• The 3,200-meter relay team of Cheyenne Wick, Miranda Earls, Macy Collier, and White finished second.
• Wetzel finished third in the 100-meter dash with a personal record time and also finished third in the 300-meter intermediate hurdles.
• Bennett earned third place in the 100-meter hurdles.
• Collier was third in the high jump.
• Hannah Hayes earned third place in the discus and fourth place in the shot put with a personal record distance.
• Dakota Richards finished fourth in the 400-meter dash.
• Wick finished fifth in the 200-meter dash.
Results for the boys included:
• Nathan Furnish was second in the 1,600-meter run and in the 800-meter run.
• The 400-meter relay team of Myles Covington, Matt Davis, Tyler Hoskins, and Aiden Furnish finished second.
• Also finishing second overall was the 1,600-meter relay team of Nathan Furnish, Nathan Jones, Levi Goldsberry, and Darion Graham.
• Aiden Furnish was third in the 110-meter hurdles and fifth in the long jump.
• David was third in the 100-meter dash and fourth in the 200-meter dash.
• Jones was fourth in the 110-meter hurdles and fourth in the 300-meter intermediate hurdles.
• Ryan Hughes was fourth in the shot put and fifth in the discus with a personal record throw.
• Hoskins was fifth in the 200-meter dash.
• Dylan Sullivan was fifth in the 1,600-meter run and he was also fifth in the 3,200-meter run in a personal record time.