The Christmas holiday season is upon us, and many churches and other organizations around the community are holding special services and programs to commemorate the season.
Here’s a rundown of those services, as provided:
• Donna and Dewayne Mink’s home, located at 13321 Bethel Ridge Road near Florence, has a Christmas lighting display that features around 200 hard plastic blow molds and lights over two acres. Lights are on from dusk until dawn nightly until December 30th. Everyone is welcome to drive by and enjoy the display.
• The Vevay American Legion invites everyone to attend its ‘Breakfast with Santa’ this Saturday, December 23rd. The event will be held from 8-11 a.m., and everyone is invited to attend. Children will be able to have their photos taken with Santa beginning at 4 p.m. that afternoon.
The legion is located on Ferry Street in Vevay.
• The Most Sorrowful Mother of God Catholic Church will be holding Mass this Saturday, December 23rd at 4 p.m. as regularly scheduled; and again on Sunday, December 24th at 4 p.m. for the Christmas Eve Mass. There will only be Mass on Christmas Day, Monday, December 25th, will be in Madison.
The Most Sorrowful Mother of God Catholic Church is located at the corner of Ferry and Seminary Streets, across the street from the Jeff-Craig Fire Station in Vevay.
• Ruter Chapel United Methodist Church in Vevay, has announced its annual Christmas Eve Candlelight Service to be held this Sunday evening, December 24th, at 8 p.m.
The service will be held in the sanctuary of the church. Please join the congregation on Christmas Eve as they celebrate the Nativity. There will be a Fellowship Hour following the service in Fellowship Hall.
Ruter Chapel is located at the corner of Main and Union streets in Vevay.
• Olive Branch Baptist Church has announced its Christmas Eve service.
The service will be held this Sunday evening, December 24th, at 6 p.m., and will be held in the church sanctuary. There will be special readings and special music. Everyone is invited to attend.
Olive Branch Baptist Church is located on Bear Branch Road, approximately two miles north of Fairview off of State Road 250.
• The members of the Center Square Baptist Church would like to invite the community to join them for the December Community supper on Thursday, December 28th, from 5-7 p.m. The Church will be serving various kinds of soups and sandwiches, and desserts in the fellowship hall of the church, located on State Road 56.
There is no cost for the dinner. Free will donations are accepted.