The Switzerland County High School wrestling team traveled to Scottsburg for a two day wrestling meet last Friday and Saturday.
Head Coach Kris Sandlin said that lack of numbers hurt the team in achieving any team success, but many individuals came away with good weekends.
Records for the weekend included:
– Keegan Ray (132/138-pounds): 8-1 record, losing in overtime to a 2015 semistate qualifier.
– Dathan Brown (126/132-pounds): 6-3 record.
– Brenon Smith (Heavyweight): 4-5 record.
– Cameron Niswander (160/170-pounds): 4-5 record.
– Andrew Garland (195-pounds): 4-5 record.
– Alex Powers (220-pounds): 1-3 record.
– Cody Wilson (182-pounds): 2-2 record.
“We started off the weekend slow and continued Saturday with a few setbacks,” Coach Sandlin said. “Establishing commitment and mental toughness is a necessity for us right now. We have many inexperienced kids with us this year and they are working hard which is paying off. We need to get everyone to commit to earn some team wins now.”