Vevay Main Street, Inc., and Vevay American Legion Post #185 are accepting nominations for the first annual ‘Hometown Heroes’ Award.
This recognition can be anyone in Switzerland County who, through either their personal or professional life, have displayed heroic character in helping others. Their exemplary qualities may have been seen through a specific event or events, or their positive attributes may be reflected in their everyday work and or volunteer efforts that strengthen our community and improve the lives of others in our community.
Age is not a factor and you do not have to be a military veteran to be nominated. This award strives to give special honor to those in our community who make a positive impact through their lives.
Submit your nomination in writing with the following information:
– Your name, address and telephone number.
– Nominee’s name, address and telephone number.
– Why you feel this person should be honored
Mail this information to: Vevay Main Street, 128 West Main Street, Vevay, Indiana, 47043; via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; or drop nomination to the American Legion Post #185 on Ferry Street, attention Rita Sullivan; or the Welcome Center, attention Vicky Hinman on Main Street.
Guidelines for the award:
- Nominees must live in Switzerland County.
– It is permissible for nominator to nominate more than one person.
– Individuals that volunteer as part of a workplace volunteer program are eligible.
– Completed nomination must be received by noon on Friday June 19th, 2015.
- Information contained in the nomination form may be used for promotional purposes.
– All award recipients will be notified prior to public announcements.
- Nominees will be honored at the July 3rd ‘First Friday’ event.