Switzerland County Clerk of Courts Gayle Sullivan has announced that voters can now cast their ballots in the courthouse for this year’s Primary Election.
In addition to the voting at the courthouse, Sullivan said that the county is again using Traveling Voting Centers, giving voters more options on being able to cast their ballots, as well as traditional ways of voting other than on election day. In addition to the traveling centers, voters may also vote in the courthouse.
This year’s traveling voting center schedule is:
• Moorefield Firehouse: Thursday, April 26th from 8 a.m. to noon; and Friday, April 27th from 2-6 p.m.
• East Enterprise Firehouse: Saturday, April 28th from 8 a.m. to noon; and Monday, April 30th from 2-6 p.m.
• Patriot Town Hall: Tuesday, May 1st from 8 a.m. to noon; and Wednesday, May 2nd from 2-6 p.m.
• Florence Firehouse: Thursday, May 3rd from 8 a.m. to noon; and Friday, May 4th from 2-6 p.m.
• Switzerland County TEC Center: Saturday, May 5th from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Monday, May 7th from 8 a.m. to noon.
• On Election Day, Tuesday, May 8th, the only site in Switzerland County open for voting will be the Switzerland County TEC Center on Seminary Street in Vevay.
• Voting in the Switzerland County Courthouse basement will be held beginning on Tuesday, April 10th through Monday, May 7th: Voting on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to noon and from 1-3 p.m.; and on Thursdays from 8:30-11:30 a.m.
Voting will also be held in the Courthouse on Saturdays April 28th and May 5th from 8 a.m. until noon; and on Monday, May 7th from 8 a.m. until noon.
Here’s a look at this year’s Primary Election ballots for both parties.
• Sheriff: Rod Chase, Brian Morton, Jason Sullivan.
• Clerk of the Circuit Court: incumbent Gayle Sullivan.
• County Council, District 1: incumbent Elizabeth Jones.
• County Council, District 2: incumbent Mike Bear.
• County Council, District 3: Lance Collier, Aaron Cutter.
• County Council, District 4: Todd Chase.
• Cotton Township Trustee: Kelly Purvis.
• Jefferson Township Trustee: Helen Peelman.
• Pleasant Township Trustee: Shannon Phipps.
• Posey Township Trustee: incumbent Joey Rider.
• York Township Trustee: incumbent Ken Byars, Erin Deck.
• Delegate to State Convention (3): August Dauel, Lisa Fisher, Debbie Turner.
• Township Advisory Boards (3): Cotton Township: Rita Works; Craig Township: Roberta VonBargen; Jefferson Township: Debbie Hickman. Alan Konkle, Gayle Rayles; Pleasant Township: Donald Morton, Jim Phipps, Travis Richards; Posey Township: Jill Hutcherson; York Township: Scott Gregory, Shannon Jackson.
• State Representative, District 67: incumbent Randy Frye.
• State Senate, District 45: Chris Garten.
• US Representative, District 6: Mike Campbell, Thomas Ferkinhoff, William Frazier, Jonathan Lamb, Stephen MacKenzie, Gregory Pence, Jeffrey Smith.
• US Senate: Michael Braun, Andrew Horning, Mark Hurt, Luke Messer, Todd Rokita, Andrew Takami.
Republicans have no candidates for the following offices: County Assessor; County Auditor; County Commissioner, District 3; Prosecuting Attorney; Craig Township Trustee.
• Sheriff: Cory Hankins.
• County Assessor: Stacey Mathews.
• County Auditor: Trenton Ricketts.
• County Commissioner, District 3: incumbent Mark Lohide; Jack Asbury.
• County Council, District 1: Dana Griffin.
• County Council, District 2: Steve Lyons.
• County Council, District 4: Jeff Darling, Dusty Higgins.
• Prosecuting Attorney: incumbent Monica Hensley.
• Cotton Township Trustee: incumbent Barbara Bowling, Jennifer Scudder.
• Craig Township Trustee: Jack Mathews
• Jefferson Township Trustee: incumbent Wade Hughes.
• Pleasant Township Trustee: incumbent Jim Wingate.
• York Township Trustee: Vicky Hinman, Devin Scudder.
• Township Advisory Boards (3): Cotton Township: Brenda Shaw; Craig Township: Linda Andrew, Lynda Spiller; Jefferson Township: Don Stout, Carol Ann Sublett; Pleasant Township: David Christman; Posey Township: Mark Jones, Lulu Belle Thomas; York Township: Michael Beatty, Larry Turner.
• State Senate, District 45: John Perkins.
• US Representative, District 6: George Holland, Jeannine Lee Lake, K. Jasen Lave, Jim Pruett, Lane Siekman, Joshua Williamson.
• US Senate: incumbent Joe Donnelly.
Democrats have no candidates for the following offices: Clerk of Circuit Court; County Council, District 3; Posey Township Trustee; Delegates to the State Convention; State Representative, District 67; and Democrats are also electing Precinct Committeemen in this primary.
For more information concerning this year’s election, contact the Switzerland County Clerk’s office at (812) 427-4415.