Today (Thursday) is the beginning of the Traveling Voting Centers here in Switzerland County.
The voting centers give voters more options on being able to cast their ballots, as well as traditional ways of voting other than on election day. In addition to the traveling centers, voters may also vote now in the courthouse.
This year’s traveling voting center schedule is:
• Moorefield Firehouse: Today (Thursday, April 26th) from 8 a.m. to noon; and tomorrow (Friday, April 27th) from 2-6 p.m.
• East Enterprise Firehouse: this Saturday, April 28th from 8 a.m. to noon; and Monday, April 30th from 2-6 p.m.
• Patriot Town Hall: Tuesday, May 1st from 8 a.m. to noon; and Wednesday, May 2nd from 2-6 p.m.
• Florence Firehouse: Thursday, May 3rd from 8 a.m. to noon; and Friday, May 4th from 2-6 p.m.
• Switzerland County TEC Center: Saturday, May 5th from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Monday, May 7th from 8 a.m. to noon.
• On Election Day, Tuesday, May 8th, the only site in Switzerland County open for voting will be the Switzerland County TEC Center on Seminary Street in Vevay.
• Voting in the Switzerland County Courthouse basement will be held beginning on Tuesday, April 10th through Monday, May 7th: Voting on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to noon and from 1-3 p.m.; and on Thursdays from 8:30-11:30 a.m.
Voting will also be held in the Courthouse on this Saturday, April 28th; and also on Saturday, May 5th. That voting will be from 8 a.m. until noon both Saturdays; and voting in the courthouse will also be available on Monday, May 7th from 8 a.m. until noon.
For more information concerning this year’s election, contact the Switzerland County Clerk’s office at (812) 427-4415.