Switzerland County Middle School held its Winter Sports Banquet on Wednesday, April 1st; honoring athletes in several sports.
Here’s a look at those students earning awards:
– Sixth Grade Girls Basketball: Most Improved Award: Jayden Thomas; Most Aggressive Award: Kaylee Elzy; Freethrow Award: Keirstan Oeffinger; and Best Defensive Award: Brooke Johnson.
- Sixth Grade Boys Basketball: Freethrow Award: Aaron Scudder; Best Defense Award: Damian Sawyer; and Most Improved Award: Evan Westmeier.
– Seventh Grade Girls Basketball: Freethrow Award: Aleiah Thomas; Most Improved Award: Josie Meyer; Defensive Award: McKenli Scudder; and Mental Attitude Award: Cora Ferguson.
– Seventh Grade Boys Basketball: Freethrow Award: Damien Breeck; Mental Attitude Award: Logan Bennett; and Most Improved Award: Landon Wilks.
– Eighth Grade Girls Basketball: Freethrow Award: Lexi Lay; Defensive Award: Sierra Hamilton; Most Improved Award: Rylee Hankins; and Mental Attitude: Calleigh Powell.
– Eighth Boys’ Basketball: Freethrow Award: Tyler Konkle; Most Improved Award: Harrison Griffis; and Coach’s Award: Joey Hall.
– Wrestling: Most Outstanding Award: Ryan Hart; Most Improved Award: Cole Riley; Mental Attitude Award: Dathan Brown; and Fastest Pin Award: Cody Wallace.
- Swimming: High Point Girl Award: Alli Furnish; High Point Boy Award: Adrian Armstrong; Most Improved Girl Award: Aaliyah Ridener; Most Improved Boy Award: Dalton Faddis; and Pacer Pride Award: Bailey Crawford.