Switzerland County High School will hold its Fall Homecoming celebration tomorrow (Friday).
At halftime of the game between the Pacers and visiting Eminence High School from Kentucky, this year’s Fall Homecoming Queen and King will be crowned.
Here’s a look at this year’s candidates, as chosen by their fellow senior classmates:
• KYAH CHASE is the daughter of Todd and Angie Chase. She is a member of the National Honor Society, Pep Club and Business Professionals of America. She has been a part of the Lady Pacers volleyball and basketball teams. She earned the award for having the highest free throw percentage in the conference and received the Best Attitude award.
Upon graduation, Kyah plans to continue her education at a four year college to major in business.
• JESSICA DUVALL is the daughter of Stacey and Christy Duvall. She is a member of the National Honor Society, Spanish Club, Pep Club, Key Club, and the varsity softball and varsity basketball teams. She has earned All-Conference honors in basketball three times, as well as two times in softball. She has also been named to the All-Sectional team once in basketball and twice in softball. Jessie also received All-State honorable mention her junior year in basketball.
Upon graduation, Jessica plans on attending a four year university and pursuing a degree in nursing, while continuing her softball career.
• MADDELYN DUVALL is the daughter of Stacey and Christy Duvall. Maddelyn is a member of the Pep Club, Spanish Club, National Honor Society and Key Club. She is a four year member of the Lady Pacer varsity softball and basketball teams. She has earned All-Conference and All-Sectional in softball for two years and basketball for one year.
Upon graduation, she plans on attending a four year university to pursue a degree in nursing, while playing college softball.
• JADEN HARRELL is the daughter of Josh and Heidi Harrell. Jaden is the Vice President of the senior class. She is a three year member of the National Honor Society; and is a multi-sport athlete, having played on both the Lady Pacer varsity volleyball and basketball teams. She is currently the captain for the Lady Pacer volleyball team.
Upon graduation, Jaden plans on attending a four year college to major in exercise science. She then plans to attend a graduate program to become a licensed physical therapist.
• HANNAH HAYES is the daughter of Chris and Tammy Hayes. Hannah is a member of the National Honor Society, BPA and Pep Club. She is a four year member of the Lady Pacer volleyball, basketball and track teams. She was selected to the All-Sectional team for Volleyball her junior year and received the Culture Award for basketball her junior year.
Upon graduation, Hannah plans on attending a four year college to obtain a bachelor’s degree in finance.
• LEVI BAKER is the son of Deron and Marlene Baker. Levi has earned his state FFA Hoosier Degree while serving as the Switzerland County Chapter President. He has also earned Highest Individual in the Indiana Entomology competition.
Upon graduation, Levi plans on attending Purdue University where he will study entomology. After completion he will obtain a career that utilizes his knowledge of insects such as a Pest Control Engineer or Insect Biologist.
• AUSTIN BOSAW is the son of Greg and Renee Bosaw. Austin is an active student athlete at Switzerland County High School. He is a four year member of the Pacer varsity basketball, soccer and baseball teams. He is also a member of BPA, where he has won regionals and qualified for state his sophomore and junior years.
Upon graduation, Austin plans on attending a four year college to obtain a degree in management science.
• BEN HICKS is the son of Matt and Michelle Hicks. Ben is an active student athlete at Switzerland County High School. He is a four year member of the Pacer varsity basketball and soccer teams, and currently serves as captain for both teams. He has earned All-Conference honors in basketball.
Upon graduation, Ben plans on attending college at Indiana University, Ball State or the University of Southern Indiana. He is undecided on his major at this time.
• BENJAMIN SMITH is the son of Kevin and Valerie Smith. Benjamin is a four year member of the BPA and currently serves as the organization’s president. He is the Vice President of the Spanish Club and Treasurer of National Honor Society. Ben is a four year member of the Pacer Varsity soccer team, where he currently serves as team captain.
Upon graduation, Ben plans on attending college to study finance before obtaining a law degree so that he can pursue a career in tax law.
• BRYCE WRIGHTSMAN is the son of Travis and Gayle Wrightsman. Bryce is an active member of the BPA and National Honor Society. He is a member of the Pacer varsity basketball and golf teams. Bryce is a regional qualifier in golf and has been named to the Rivertown Classic All Tourney team for basketball.
Upon graduation, Bryce plans on attending a four year college as part of a collegiate golf team.