Swim teams continue to excel in the pool
The Switzerland County girls and boys swim teams hosted a home meet on Saturday, December 17th, against Lanesville, Silver Creek, and South Ripley.
Overall the Pacer swimmers earned second place with a combined score of 353.
South Ripley won the meet with a combined score of 439; Silver Creek was third with a score of 111; and Lanesville finished with a score of 63.
The Lady Pacer squad won its meet with a score of 281 to outdistance South Ripley (218), Silver Creek (111); and Lanesville (63).
Switzerland County results included:
• The 200-yard medley relay team of Ava Cole, Brooklyn Flanders, Kaelin Taylor, and Carly Bennett won their event.
• Taylor won the 500-yard freestyle race, while Bennett finished in third place.
• Cole won the 100-yard backstroke; while Oatman finished third in the event.
• Aubrey Crepin won the 100-yard breaststroke; while Amber Detmer finished second. Both swimmers established new personal records in the event.
• Crepin, Flanders, Bennett, and Taylor teamed to finish first in the 400-yard freestyle relay.
• The team of Emily Oatman, Detmer, Molly Hicks, and Crepin finished second overall in the 200-yard medley relay.
• Crepin finished second in the 200-yard individual medley; while Hicks posted a personal record in the event to earn third place.
• In the 200-yard freestyle, Taylor finished in third place; while Bennett finished in fifth place.
• Flanders set a new personal record time in finishing second in the 50-yard freestyle; while Oatman finished third and Amber Detmer finished fifth.
• Cole finished second in the 100-yard butterfly.
• Flanders established another personal record in finishing third in the 100-yard freestyle; while Hicks earned fourth place.
• The team of Oatman, Hicks, Detmer, and Cole finished second in the 200-yard freestyle relay.
In the boys event, the Pacers posted 72 points, finishing behind South Ripley, which had 221 points.
Silver Creek and Lanesville did not have scores in the boys event.
Pacer results included:
• Nathan Furnish won the 200-yard freestyle and established a new personal record in doing so. Furnish also won the 100-yard breaststroke.
• Caleb Ridener won the 200-yard individual medley; and he also won the 100-yard backstroke.
The Switzerland County team traveled to Lawrenceburg for the Rivertown Classic meet on Tuesday night, December 13th.
Switzerland County finished third with a combined score of 334 points. The girls team finished second with total points of 241; and the boys finished fourth with total points of 93.
In girls results:
• Emily Oatman, Brooklyn Flanders, Molly Hicks, and Carly Bennett placed fourth in the 200-yard Medley Relay.
• Ava Cole took third in personal record time and Kaelin Taylor took fourth in the 200-yard Freestyle.
• Flanders took third in personal record time and Hicks took fourth in personal record time in the 200-yard Individual Medley.
• Aubrey Crepin took third and Amber Detmer took 6th in the 50-yard Freestyle. Both established personal records in the event.
• Taylor took second and Hicks took third in personal record time in the 100-yard Butterfly.
• Crepin earned fifth place in personal record time and Emily Oatman took sixth in the 100-yard Freestyle.
• Bennett took second in the 500-yard Freestyle.
• Oatman, Hicks, Detmer, and Cole took second in the 200-yard Freestyle Relay.
• Flanders took second in personal best time and Oatman earned fourth place in the 100-yard Backstroke.
• Cole finished fifth and Detmer finished sixth in the 100-yard Breaststroke.
• Flanders, Bennett, Crepin, and Taylor took second in the 400-yard Freestyle Relay.
Boys results included:
• Nathan Furnish earned first in the 200-yard Freestyle and set a new personal record in doing so. Furnish also finished second in the 100-yard Breaststroke.
• Caleb Ridener won the 200-yard Individual Medley and set a new personal record time in the process. He also set a personal record in winning the 100-yard Butterfly.
• Derek Hoskins won the 100-yard Freestyle and he also won the 100-yard Backstroke.