The Switzerland County Sheriff’s Department is looking for information from the community regarding a burglary/theft that it is investigating.
The burglary took place in Craig Township in the county sometime between December 1st-29th, and investigators with the sheriff’s office feel that there is the possibility that buyers may have unknowingly purchased stolen items from the person or persons who committed the burglary.
Reported stolen in the burglary were:
– Collectible dolls; Mickey Mouse collectibles.
– 1/16th-scale die cast John Deere collectibles.
- John Deere 8310 pedal tractor.
– Wrought iron children’s table and chairs.
– Fishing poles, Zebco and Pflueger reels.
– White tail deer mounts and antler mounts.
– Left handed golf clubs.
– Old hand crank drill with bits in a yellow and blue case.
– Pedal Power Singer sewing machine.
– Pioneer brand six-disc player.
Residents or anyone else who may have purchased one or more of these items, or who may have information about these items or this burglary; should contact the Switzerland County Sheriff’s Department at 427-3636; or the Tip Line at 427-4427.
Unwitting buyers are not at risk of prosecution if the items that they purchased are found to have been stolen.
Residents should always be on the lookout for a deal, “too good to pass up”, because that may be an indicator that the item has been stolen.
When a person comes across such a deal, the sheriff’s office advises that the buyer tell the seller that they would like to have the item inspected by the police prior to making the purchase.
Officers say that if the seller declines that request, it’s unwise to go ahead with the purchase.