The Switzerland County School Board of Trustees will meet this Monday, May 15th, for its regularly scheduled meeting.
The school board will hold an executive session, which is closed to the public, beginning at 5:30 p.m. In accordance with Indiana law, a public governing body must cite the specific Indiana code that allows the meeting to be private. For Monday’s meeting the school board is citing IC 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(6)(A): “To receive information concerning the individual’s alleged misconduct”; IC 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(6)(B): “to discuss, before a determination, the individual’s status as an employee, a student, or an independent contractor who is: (i) a physician; or (ii) a school bus driver”; and IC 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(7): “For discussion of records classified as confidential by state or federal statute.”
The public meeting is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m.; and items on the agenda include:
– In reports: there will be a report by the student representatives; board committee reports, as needed; and Superintendent Mike Jones will give a legislative update.
– In old business: the board will consider the student/parent handbook for the middle school; and will continue its discussion of the future of the old administrative building on Seminary Street.
– In new business: there will be a discussion of textbook rental; a discussion of an upgrade agreement for Internet service; and a discussion of the TLC Program.
– In personnel: employee retirements; employment recommendations; a 21st Century Program Educator recommendation will be made; there will be recommendations for extra curricular postions; and use of school facilities applications.
– There will also be a time for public comments; announcements by the superintendent; and comments by school board members.
The meeting will be held at the administrative offices on West Main Street.