The Rising Sun Regional Foundation (RSRF) awarded a total of $304,364 in 13 new grants in the past quarter. These grants included:
• $40,000 to Ohio County Community Foundation toward matching funds for Lilly Endowment’s GIFT VI initiative;
• $30,000 to Rising Sun-Ohio County Community School Corporation toward the purchase of a variety of school items designed to enhance student learning;
• $30,000 to Sunman Rural Fire Department toward the purchase of Personal Protective Equipment and helmets;
• $40,000 to the Ohio County Commissioners toward upgrades to its 911 system;
• $16,000 to the Ripley County Commissioners toward the purchase of three snow plows;
• $40,000 to Aurora Fire Department toward the purchase of Self Contained Breathing Apparatus;
• $16,000 to the Milan 54, Inc. toward the development of “Legends Square” across from the museum;
• $16,236 to Milan Community School Corporation toward the replacement of lighting on the football field and track;
• $5,369 to the Ohio County Recorder’s Office toward the conversion of land deeds from 1844-1944 from microfilm to digital;
• $20,000 to the Ripley County EMS toward the purchase of a cardiac monitor;
• Up to $7,670 to Milan Elementary PTO toward the purchase of timing mats for the swimming pool;
• $3,089 to Ohio County Elementary Middle School PTO toward the purchase of playground equipment and an audiometer;
• $40,000 to the American Legion Post #59 (Rising Sun) toward the development and construction of the Veterans Memorial Riverfront Project.
The next grant application deadline is January 15, 2016. Grant applications are available at www.rsrfonline.org. Please contact Jascia Redwine at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.