Do you have concerns about falling?
“A Matter of Balance” is an award winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
You will learn to:
• view falls as controllable;
• set goals for increasing activity;
• make changes to reduce fall risks at home;
• exercise to increase strength and balance.
Who should attend:
• anyone concerned about falls;
• anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength;
• anyone who has fallen in the past;
• anyone who has restricted activities because of falling in the past.
The program will be held at the Switzerland County YMCA on Tuesdays and Thursdays from November 28th through December 21st. The sessions will begin each day at 2 p.m. A manual and snacks will be provided.
Please RSVP by November 22nd to Peg Ehlers, Purdue Extension Switzerland County at (812) 427-3152.