As the process of residents filing for county offices continues to move forward, the deadline to file for the primary election of Friday, February 7th, is now just over a week away.
The upcoming Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, May 5th; and candidates filing for the primary hope to emerge as the winner and be on the General Election ballot on Tuesday, November 3rd.
The filing period is opening until noon on Friday, February 7th. Candidates who change their mind may withdraw from the primary election up until Monday, February 10th.
Here’s a rundown by party of those who have filed so far:
• County Commissioner, District One: Grant Dean has filed.
• County Commissioner, District Two: Melissa Brush and Ivan Green have filed.
• County Council At Large: (Each party will nominate up to three candidates) Lisa Fisher and Randall Leap have filed.
• County Coroner: Clinton Earls has filed.
• County Treasurer: Gayle Rayles and Rene Stewart have filed.
• County Surveyor Brian McAllister has filed.
• Lisa Fisher has filed to be a Delegate to the Republican State Convention.
• Republicans will also elect Precinct Committeemen this election season. Filing so far are: Jill Hutcherson in Posey 2 Precinct; James ‘Jim’ Phipps in Pleasant 1 Precinct; and Samuel Girod in Cotton 1 Precinct.
• County Recorder: Nancy Brown Barker has filed.
• County Council At Large: (Each party will nominate up to three candidates) Rachel Bladen Schuler has filed.
• Switzerland Circuit Court Judge: Greg Coy has filed with the Indiana Secretary of State’s office.
Switzerland County Clerk of Courts Gayle Sullivan said that the window is now open for those who would like to register to vote in the upcoming election. If they have not already done so, citizens may register to vote until Monday, April 6th. The window to register to vote will reopen after the primary election on Tuesday, May 19th.
Anyone having any questions should contact Meagan Kilborn, Voter Registration/Election Deputy, in the Switzerland County Clerk’s Office, (812) 427-4422.