Hello everyone, Barrie Watters and I (Mike Jones) are doing our best to keep the Patriot/Posey Column going in the Vevay Reveille! We love our community and hope to use this column to keep everyone up with what is going on around town and the township!
This just in:
• David and Connie Fisk visited with Pamela Fisk Hutchinson last week and picked up her favorite Frisch’s sandwich. Later in the week, her sons Will and Richie came by and took her lunch.
• The Patriot Baptist Church has two special services coming up in the next couple months. On October 23rd the church will hold its annual Homecoming Service at 11 a.m. It is always a great time to see past members who no longer live in the community and a luncheon will follow the service at the Patriot Town Hall.
On Sunday, November 13th, Patriot Baptist will hold its annual Veteran Appreciation Service and Luncheon. The service will start at 11 a.m. with lunch to follow at the Patriot Town Hall. The guest speaker this year will be retired Indianapolis Attorney and Vietnam Veteran Jack Wickes. Jack has been to our church before and he and his wife always enjoy visiting Patriot.
• It’s great to have Highway 250 (Patriot Hill) open again! Thanks to INDOT and the contractors for a great job!
• Patrick and Melissa Jones and family attended the FC Cincinnati Soccer game on Saturday night. FC Cincinnati defeated the San Jose Quakes by a score of 6-0. Pat said that TQL Stadium in Cincinnati is beautiful. Afterwards they had supper at Longhorn Steakhouse.
• The Patriot Pals had their annual gathering in Patriot on Saturday. Everyone had a great time reminiscing about the old glory days of Patriot.
• Thanks to Wayne Wagner of Rising Sun for sending photos of the donkey basketball games at Patriot High School from the 1968 Yearbook. How many remember those donkey basketball games?
• Sympathy to the family of Roberta Smith Owings (PHS Class of 1947), who passed away this past week.
• Prayers for former Patriot High School teacher and basketball coach Wayne Daugherty who suffered a fall at home a couple weeks ago. He is getting rehabilitation following surgery.
• Prayers for Amber Duckworth Reed (PHS Graduate) who is getting rehabilitation following an injury.
• Each month we will be highlighting a current or former Patriot/Posey Township resident. If you would like to nominate someone, please contact me or Barrie.
Barrie Watters: (828) 335-8270.
Mike Jones: (812) 290-3088; or email email@example.com
You can also drop off news for the Patriot column at the Patriot General Store.
Until next week remember to “try a little kindness, and shine your light for everyone to see’