Pacers, Lady Pacers draw South Dearborn in 2022 Rivertown
The brackets have been announced for the 2022 Rivertown Classic Basketball Tournament.
The tourney will again be held at South Dearborn High School; and will be played the week of January 5th-8th.
• On Wednesday, January 5th, the opening game will feature the Switzerland County Lady Pacers playing the South Dearborn Lady Knights in the first game at 6 p.m.; and that will be followed by the girls second game, pitting the Rising Sun Lady Shiners against the Lawrenceburg Lady Tigers. That game is expected to tip off at 7:30 p.m.
• The tournament shifts to the boys teams on Thursday night, January 6th, with the same brackets.
Switzerland County will play South Dearborn in the first game at 6 p.m.; followed by Rising Sun and Lawrenceburg at 7:30 p.m.
• Friday night, January 7th, will see the girls consolation and championship games. The consolation game will get underway at 6 p.m., with the winners of the two games on Wednesday playing for the tourney championship on Friday night at 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, January 8th, is a full day, with things starting at noon with the cheerleading competition. Following that, there will be a middle school cheer exhibition.
Saturday night will then see the boys consolation game at 6 p.m. and the championship tilt tipping off at 7:30 p.m.
There is also a Rivertown Classic tournament for the jayvee teams.
• On Monday, January 3rd, South Dearborn and Switzerland County will play in a doubleheader at Switzerland County. The girls junior varsity game will start at 6 p.m.; followed by the boys jayvee contest.
On the same night, the girls and boys junior varsity games for Lawrenceburg and Rising Sun will be played at the same times at Rising Sun High School.
• The championship games for the girls and boys will be played on Monday, January 10th, at Lawrenceburg High School. The girls championship game will start at 6 p.m; with the boys game starting at approximately 7:30 p.m.
There are no consolation games for the junior varsity tournament.