The Switzerland County High School boys varsity track team finished second overall last Thursday night in the Vevay Newspapers Invitational Track Meet.
Rising Sun won the event with a team score of 141; followed by the Pacers with 118. Milan was third with 99; and Lawrenceburg was fourth with 37.
Finishing fifth overall was Jac-Cen-Del with 32; followed by Carroll County with 23; Southwestern with 12; and Madison Shawe participated but failed to score.
– Braden Burk won the 1,600-meter dash in a personal best time of 4:46. He also finished second in the 800-meter run, tying his personal best; and was second in the 3,200-meter run.
– Senior Quinn Meyer finished first overall in the long jump with a distance of 20′ 5 1/2″ – even though moments after his jump he found out that doctors had discovered a knee injury, preventing him from competing further.
– Alex Curran was first in the high jump with a height of 6’2″. He was also fifth in the long jump.
– Clint Swanson finished second in both the 100-meter dash and the 200-meter dash. He was also third in the high jump.
– T.J. White was third in the 400-meter dash in a personal record time; and was also third in the 3,200-meter run.
– Zack Rodgers was fourth in the 200-meter dash; fifth in the discus; and sixth in the 100-meter dash.
- Ben Curran was fifth in the 110-meter high hurdles in personal best time.
- Michael Douglas was fifth in the 400-meter dash.
– Kevin Adams was sixth in the shot put with a personal record distance.
- Sean Oatman was sixth in the 1,600-meter run and also sixth in the 300-meter intermediate hurdles.
– The 400-meter relay team of Clint Swanson, Kevin Adams, Tyler Maxey, and Zack Rodgers was second overall in a season-best time.
– The 3,200-meter relay team of Braden Burk, Michael Douglas, Logan Pike, and T.J. White was second in season-best time.
- The 1,600-meter relay team of Logan Pike, Michael Douglas, Sean Oatman, and T.J. White was third overall.