On Saturday December 27th the Switzerland County High School Pacer wrestling team participated in a six-team wrestling tournament at New Washington High School.
This is an annual tournament that the Pacers have been participating in for several years. Teams participating include: New Washington, Pike Central, Salem, Crawford County, and Switzerland County.
Christian Academy, which usually participates, was unable to attend this year.
The tournament was based on team points as well as individual points.
Each Pacer wrestled four matches. The first round was against Pike Central; the second round was against Crawford County; the third round was against Salem; and the final round was against New Washington.
At the conclusion of the completion, Pike Central had accumulated the most team points and was awarded the Team Trophy.
The wrestler from each weight class that had the best record for the day was awarded an individual medal. Alex Herbert of the Pacers won the medal in the 182-pound class.
The remaining Pacers performed well during the day, leaving the tournament with a winning record.
The results of the team were:
- Keegan Ray in the 120-pound class, record 2-2.
– Dalton Woodward in the 126-pound class, record 3-1.
- Austin Dennis in the 132-pound class, record 2-2.
– Dustin Wallace in the 138-pound class, record 3-1.
- Dakota Godwin in the 152-pound class, record 1-3.
– Cullen Scott in the 160-pound class, record 1-3.
– Cody Wilson in the 170-pound class, record 3-1.
– Alex Herbert in the 182-pound class, record 4-0.
– Tyler Thomas wrestled in the heavyweight, record 3-1.