Pacer swimmers set personal records
The Switzerland County girls and boys varsity swim teams participated in a four-team event last Thursday, December 1st at South Dearborn.
In the combined event, Switzerland County finished fourth with a total of 87 1/2 points.
Milan won the meet with 235 1/2 points; followed by South Dearborn with 112 and Rising Sun with 98.
In the girls competition:
• The team of Ava Cole, Brooklyn Flanders, Kaelin Taylor and Carly Bennett earned fourth place in the 200-yard medley relay.
• In the 200-yard freestyle, Taylor finished in fourth place while Flanders dropped her personal best time by five seconds to finish sixth. Taylor also finished fourth in the 500-yard freestyle.
• Bennett tied for second place in the 200-yard individual medley in establishing a personal best time by 12 seconds; and Aubrey Crepin also posted a personal best time to finish fourth in the event.
• Emily Oatman finished third in the 50-yard freestyle as she set a new personal best by more than four seconds.
• Cole finished second in the 100-yard butterfly and was also second in the 100-yard backstroke.
• Bennett finished third and Crepin finished fourth in the 100-yard freestyle.
• In the 100-yard breaststroke, Flanders finished in third place while Crepin set a personal record in finishing sixth.
• The team of Bennett, Oatman, Flanders, and Cole earned third place in the 400-yard freestyle relay.
For the boys:
• Nathan Furnish won the 200-meter individual medley in a personal record time by more than three seconds.
• Derek Hoskins earned second place in the 50-yard freestyle, setting a personal record time in the process.
• Caleb Ridener won the 100-yard butterfly with a new personal record.
• In the 100-yard backstroke, Ridener finished second and Hoskins finished third place.
• Furnish finished second in the 100-yard breaststroke with a new personal best.
On Monday, November 28th, the Lady Pacer swim team finished fourth among nine teams at the Charlestown Invitational.
• Kaelin Taylor earned third place in the 200-yard freestyle.
• Amber Detmer set a new personal best time in competing in the 200-yard individual medley.
• In the 50-yard freestyle: Ava Cole finished third and Carly Bennett finished fifth.
• Bennett and Emily Oatman set new personal records in the 500-yard freestyle.
• Molly Hicks finished fifth in the 1–yard butterfly with a new personal best time.
• The team of Brooklyn Flanders, Detmer, Hicks, and Taylor earned fifth place in the 200-yard freestyle.
• Cole earned fifth place in the 100-yard backstroke.
• Flanders finished in third place and Taylor finished fourth in the 100-yard breaststroke.
• The team of Bennett, Aubrey Crepin, Oatman, and Cole earned fifth in the 400-yard freestyle relay.