Switzerland County Sheriff Brian Morton reports that an ongoing investigation by members of his department along with its drug task force has resulted in several arrests here.
Late in the evening of Wednesday, February 12th and into the early morning hours of Thursday, February 13th, law enforcement officers acted on several leads that they had been working on, according to Sheriff Morton.
“Our drug task force officer and some of our on duty guys went out and did a sweep based on drug information that they had and made several arrests,” Sheriff Morton said. “It’s nice that we’ve got a drug task force officer that we can dedicate to gathering information for matters like this.”
Morton said that an officer in the Switzerland County department is specifically assigned to work on drug-related cases here in the county. The officer and the department are also a part of a larger task force operating in this area of the state.
“When the Jefferson County prosecutor’s office — probably two years ago — formed the Ohio Valley Crime Suppression Task Force, we became a part of that,” Sheriff Morton said. “That task force is made up of people and officers from several different agencies. It’s a great thing that we’re a part of, with all of the resources that are available from State Police to DEA to ATF, everybody’s a part of this task force. It’s a wealth of knowledge. It’s great.”
Arrested during last week’s investigation were five people:
• William David Cunning, age 56, of Markland Pike near Vevay. He was charged with maintaining a common nuisance; possession of marijuana, hashish oil, hashish with prior conviction; possession of paraphernalia; and possession of meth.
• Kaelee Renee Mosley, age 22, of Rising Sun. She was charged with possession of meth; possession of marijuana, hashish oil, hashish under 30 grams; maintaining a common nuisance; and possession of paraphernalia.
• Jeffery Gerald McKittrick, age 33, of Patriot. He was charged with possession of meth; possession of paraphernalia; and maintaining a common nuisance.
• Lisa Marie McKittrick, age 56, of Patriot. She was charged with possession of meth; maintaining a common nuisance; and possession of a controlled substance.
• Robin Dale Rolands, age 48, of Patriot. He was charged with possession of meth; possession of a controlled substance; and maintaining a common nuisance.
• Dalton Dale Engle, age 25 of Aurora, Indiana. He was charged with possession of meth; possession of marijuana, hashish oil, hashish under 30 grams; possession of a syringe; maintaining a common nuisance; and possession of paraphernalia.
“I was talking with someone the other day, and we were talking that drugs is the number one thing, everywhere you go,” the sheriff said. “It doesn’t matter what town or county, it’s just drugs. It feels like we’re just spinning our wheels some days, but we keep hammering away at them. We aren’t going to stop. There’s so much more around here that goes on behind the scenes that we can’t discuss that people don’t realize. It was a good night with several arrests, and we hope that even more spin off of that.”
Anyone having any information about drugs or drug activity is urged to contact the Switzerland County Sheriff’s Department at (812) 427-3636. Information may be provided anonymously.