The Switzerland County Middle School girls track team powered its way to a victory in last Friday night’s four-team Vevay Newspapers Invitational.
The Lady Pacers finished with an impressive score of 77 to easily outdistance second place Rising Sun, which had 43 points. Jac-Cen-Del finished third with 40 points; and Southwestern was fourth with 24 points.
Seventh grader McKayli Scudder led the way for Switzerland County, finishing first in the long jump with a distance of 13′ 10 1/2″; second in the 400-meter dash; third in the high jump; and she was also part of the winning 1,600-meter relay team along with Whitley Schirmer, Cameron Ray, and Courtney Pedraza.
Her outstanding night earned her Most Valuable Participant honors.
- Taylor Jordan was first in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of :18.71; third in the long jump; and third in the 200-meter dash.
– Audrey Kinne won the 400-meter dash in a time of 1:09.02.
- Whitley Schirmer won the 1,600-meter run in a time of 5:49; was second in the 800-meter run; and was a part of the winning 1,600-meter relay team.
– The 400-meter relay team of Veronika Perry, Jade Mullins, Taylor Jordan, and Mallory Phagan earned first place medals.
– Bre Braun was second in the shot put.
– Jade Mullins was second in the high jump.
– Veronika Perry was second in the 200-meter dash and third in the 100-meter dash.
– Brandy Emery was third in the shot put and fifth in the discus.
– Cameron Ray was third in the 1,600-meter run and third in the 800-meter run.
– Courtney Pedraza was fifth in the 100-meter dash.