6/5/2014 3:00:00 PM Summer Reading Program kicks off this Saturday
Readers of all ages will explore all things science this summer as the Switzerland County Public Library presents "Fizz, Boom, Read!" during its summer library program.
Activities include: science experiments, animals, crime scene forensics, enviroscape program, recycling and more.
The 2014 Summer Reading Program has something for all ages, including prize drawings, contests, storytimes, and more. Registration for "Fizz, Boom, Read!" begins this Saturday, June 7th. For more information, call the library at (812) 427-3363 or visit its website: www.scpl.us.
Thanks to the generosity of community organizations and businesses, all programs are free of charge.
Here's a rundown of all of the activities taking place this summer as a part of the library's Summer Reading Program:
- Saturday, June 7th at 11 a.m.: "Reaction Action" by Science Matters. All ages.
- Any time before June 25th: Science Activity Sheets. Families work together to find the answers. The winning family receives four tickets to Indiana Beach Resort.
- Wednesday, June 11th at 1 p.m.: "Lego Man in Space" by library staff. Learn about the Lego man who went up in space. Make your own Lego man rocket. Elementary students.
- Thursday, June 12th at 10 a.m.: Story Time for Preschoolers.
- Thursday, June 19th at 2 p.m.: "Talking Trash" by SEIRD. Kids will learn about cool recycling facts. Preschoolers and elementary students.
- Wednesday, June 25th at 1 p.m.: "Forensics: the Science of Crime" by Cincinnati Museum Center. Analyze human skull replicas to determine victim's identity and cause of death. 5th-8th graders.
- Thursday, June 26th at 10 a.m.: Story Time for Preschoolers.
- Tuesday, July 1st at 5:30 p.m.: "Raptor Program" by DNR. Naturalist will exhibit live raptors that have been rescued. All ages.
- Wednesday, July 9th at 1 p.m.: "Enviroscape" by SWCD. Learn about our environment. Preschoolers and elementary students.
- Thursday, July 10th at 10 a.m.: Story Time for Preschoolers.
- Saturday, July 19th at 11 a.m.: "Celebration Splash" by library staff. Water play, cookout, prize give-aways, and awards. All ages.