7/4/2013 3:00:00 PM 2013 County 4-H Fair set for July 13th-20th
One of the new features of the Switzerland County 4-H Fair this year is the new horse arena, which will play host to the annual Horse and Pony Show. The Horse and Pony Show will take place on Sunday, July 14th, and will begin at 3 p.m. This year’s Switzerland County 4-H Fair begins on Saturday, July 13th, and runs through Saturday evening, July 20th. Make plans now to attend the fair.
The 2013 edition of the Switzerland County 4-H Fair is less than a month away, and will be held beginning on Saturday, July 13th and running through the livestock auction on Saturday evening, July 20th.
Queen Emily White has been crowned, and she and her court are looking forward to an outstanding week.
Here's a rundown of 2013 Fair Week:
- On Saturday, July 13th, Exhibit Hall projects will be checked in between 8 a.m. and noon. There will be no late entries allowed. The tractor contest written exam will also be given from 8 a.m. until noon; and the Fashion Revue will be held at 7:30 p.m.
- The horse and pony show will be held beginning at noon on Sunday, July 14th, and everyone is invited to come and see the new arena that the show will be held in.
- On Monday, July 15th, when the rabbit check in happens from 8-11 a.m. The tractor driving contest will be held at 9 a.m.; while the rabbit show begins at 5:30 p.m.
At the Community Building, the Little Miss and Little Mister Contest will be held at 7 p.m.; and there will be a greased pig contest sponsored by the Riverhouse Bar and Grill beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- On Tuesday, July 16th, livestock check in will be held from 6 a.m. until noon. The Center Square Baptist Church will again hold its lasagna dinner beginning at 5:30 p.m.
The swine show will be held at the show arena beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- On Wednesday, July 17th, check in for pigeon, poultry, and other fowl will be held from 6-8 a.m.; and livestock record sheets are due from 8 a.m. until noon; with livestock pictures also being taken during that time.
The dog show will be held at 9 a.m.; while Mini 4-H Fun Day will take off at 10:30 a.m. 4-H Fun Day for traditional 4-H members will be held at 1 p.m.; and the poultry show takes over the show arena beginning at 4 p.m.
The baby contest will be held at the Community Building at 6:30 p.m.; the Johnny Andrew Memorial pedal tractor pull also begins at 6:30 p.m.; and at the grandstands there will be truck and ATV drags beginning at 7 p.m.
- The cat show kicks off events on Thursday, July 18th, beginning at 10 a.m.; followed by the Pocket Pet Show at 1 p.m.
The beef show will be held beginning at 4 p.m. on Thursday, with the cornhole tournament beginning at 6 p.m. The meat goat show and dairy goat show will be held at the show arena at 7 p.m. that evening; and "Silly Safari" will present a show at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 19th, begins with one of the most popular projects, as the Shooting Sports demonstration takes place at the grandstand area beginning at 9 a.m. Over at the show arena, the dairy show begins at 1 p.m.; and the sheep show will be held at 2:30 p.m.
At 7 p.m. that evening, there will be a game night for 4-H members only; and the sanctioned truck and tractor pull will be held at the grandstand area.
- The final day of the 2012 Fair kicks off on Saturday, July 20th, when the Round Robin Showmanship competition is held at and around the show arena beginning at 10 a.m. At 3 p.m. the annual auction barbecue is held at the shelter house near the show arena; and the 4-H Livestock auction will be held beginning at 4 p.m.
The 4-H Exhibit Hall will be open on Monday through Friday from 4-9 p.m.; and on Saturday, July 20th from 2-6:30 p.m.
The Commercial Building will be open from Monday through Friday from 5-9 p.m.; and on Saturday, July 20th from noon until 9 p.m.
For more information on this year's Switzerland County 4-H Fair, call the Purdue Extension office at 427-3152.