10/11/2012 3:00:00 PM Forums set for school board,
county, regional candidates
With the General Election set for this Fall, culminating on Tuesday, November 6th, community forums with candidates have been set to give voters more information on making informed choices.
There are two forums that have been announced:
Switzerland County Farm Bureau, Inc., has announced that it will sponsor an election forum centering on the candidates for the four seats on the Switzerland County School Board.
The forum will be held on Thursday, October 18th, at the Historic Hoosier Theater in Vevay. The forum will begin at 6 p.m.
Candidates from all four districts up for election are being sent invitations to attend (listed in alphabetical order):
- In Cotton Township: Eddie Haskell, Colleen Lay, and Bill Roberts.
- In Pleasant Township: Tammy Hayes and Jim Phipps.
- In the town of Vevay: Wayne Daugherty, Micah Ramsey, Lisa Scott, Mary Stogsdill, Michele Thompson, and Kathryn Williams.
- In York Township: Josh Deck, Tonya Moore, and Gary Reynolds.
The public is encouraged to attend.
On Tuesday, October 23rd, there will be a "Candidate Night" for other offices. This forum will also be held at the Historic Hoosier Theater, and a start time will be announced in next week's edition.
This forum is sponsored by and will be moderated by Froggy Radio here in Vevay.
Invited to attend this forum are:
- Sixth Congressional District candidate for U.S. Congress Brad Bookout (Democrat) and Luke Messer (Republican).
- District 67 Indiana House of Representative candidates Tom Cheek (Democrat) and Randy Frye (Republican).
- County Commissioner District One candidates Dennis Cole (Democrat) and John Haskell (Republican).
- County Council At-Large candidates: Rachel Bladen (Democrat), Steve Crabtree (Democrat), Darrell Hansel (Democrat), Terry Hall (Republican), Elizabeth "Itsy" Jones (Republican), and Rich Lay (Republican).
- County Treasurer candidates Kay Cook (Republican) and Vickie James (Democrat).
The public is also encouraged to attend this forum.