The Community Foundation of Switzerland County, Inc. is pleased to announce that the online application is now available for the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship.
One Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship will be awarded in Switzerland County in 2015.
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship will provide full tuition for four years of undergraduate study leading to a baccalaureate degree, all required fees, and up to $900 a year for required books and equipment. The scholarship is good at any Indiana public or private college or university accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
If you meet the following requirements, you may apply for this scholarship:
– Minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
– Must be a graduate from Switzerland County High School or resident of Switzerland County.
– Must be receiving/have received an Academic Honors Diploma.
– SAT scores are taken into consideration.
– Financial Need: must be willing to submit a College Costs Estimator and sign approval for a report to be sent to the Community Foundation.
– Activities (community service, school activities and work experience) are taken into consideration.
– Essay required.
– Must participate in a monitored, 45-minute writing session.
– Must graduate from an accredited Indiana high school in 2015 and receive your diploma no later than June 30th, 2015 (a high school is considered accredited for purposes of the program if it is accredited by the State Board of Education or by a national or regional accreditation agency that is recognized by the State Board of Education).
– Will be entering college for the first time in the fall of 2015.
– Must have been accepted to pursue a full-time baccalaureate course of study at an Indiana public or private nonprofit college or university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
– Are of good character and are willing to be held to a higher expectation level in all facets of life.
– Are willing to sign a Code of Conduct Agreement.
If you would like to apply, you may complete the online application at: www.cfsci.org/lilly-scholarship.php. The application deadline is Thursday, January 8th, 2015 and applications must be completed and submitted by 4 p.m. that day.
The Community Foundation administers the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program locally. The application process for 2014 will remain the same as it has been in past years. The Foundation’s selection committee will continue to evaluate applicants on academics, financial need, activities (school activities, community service, and work experience), and writing samples. All four of the evaluation criteria will be worth 25-percent each.
The selection committee will also continue to use a blind process to evaluate the applications, meaning committee members will not know whose applications they are evaluating.
If you have any questions about the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship or the Community Foundation in general, please call Pam Acton or Melissa Andrew at 427-9160 or email@example.com.