Lady Pacers win VMG Invitational; Pacer boys finish second overall
The Switzerland County girls varsity track team won the Vevay Media Group Invitational on Thursday night on the Pacer track.
The Lady Pacers dominated, finishing with a team score of 170 points; while South Ripley finished second with 123; Rising Sun was third with 89; and Southwestern was fourth with 53.
Milan finished fifth with 43 1/2 points; followed by Jac-Cen-Del with 28 1/2, New Washington with 27; and Shawe Memorial with 17.
Lady Pacer senior Gracie White had an outstanding meet, earning wins in the 800-meter run in a time of 2:29.32 and as a part of the 1,600-meter relay team along with Dakota Richards, Brooklyn Flanders, and Lauren Smith. The team ran a time of 4:36.58.
Claire Rogers earned Switzerland County’s other individual blue ribbon, winning the 3,200-meter run in a time of 12:10.12.
The Switzerland County 400-meter relay team of Terra Oeffinger, Avy Burkholder, Baylee Romans, and Smith won their race in a time of :54.36.
Other Lady Pacers performances included:
• In the 100-meter dash, Smith earned second place and Burkholder finished in fourth place.
• In the 200-meter dash, Smith finished second and Burkholder finished third.
• In the 400-meter dash, Flanders came home in third place while Richards finished in sixth place.
• In the 800-meter run, Rogers finished in third place.
• In the 1,600-meter run, White was second overall, while Carlee Boggs finished in sixth place.
• In the 3,200-meter run, Amber Detmer finished in fifth place.
• In the 100-meter hurdles, Oeffinger earned fourth place and Detmer finished in seventh place.
• In the 300-meter intermediate hurdles, Oeffinger finished third and Detmer finished fifth.
• In the 3,200-meter relay, the Lady Pacer team of Detmer, Richards, Boggs, and Macy Collier finished second.
• In the high jump, Romans finished second and Collier came in third.
• In the long jump, Burkholder finished in second place and Romans earned fourth place.
• In the shot put, Addy Preston finished second and Oeffinger was third.
• In the discus, Preston finished third and Sydney Louden finished eighth.
In the boys meet, Switzerland County finished second overall with 101 1/2 points.
Milan won the invitational with 182 1/2 points; while Southwestern was third with 85. South Ripley finished fourth with 73; Jac-Cen-Del was fifth with 53; Rising Sun was sixth with 46; followed by Shawe Memorial with 16 and New Washington with 15.
Performances for the boys team included:
• In the 100-meter dash, Matthew Davis earned second place and Ty Lay finished in fifth place.
• In the 200-meter dash, Lay finished fifth and Davis finished seventh.
• In the 400-meter dash, Jalen Brookbank came home in fifth place while Ethan Jones finished in ninth place.
• In the 800-meter run, Nathan Furnish finished in fourth place while Cale Collier ran to a sixth place finish.
• In the 1,600-meter run, Furnish was fourth overall, while Luke Sullivan finished in fifth place.
• In the 3,200-meter run, Luke Sullivan finished in fourth place while Dylan Sullivan finished in sixth place.
• In the 110-meter hurdles, Michael Young finished seventh and Matthew Young finished in eighth place.
• In the 300-meter intermediate hurdles, Matthew Young finished fifth.
• In the 400-meter relay, the team of Darian Graham, Davis, Keaton Mosley, and Lay finished second.
• In the 1,600-meter relay, the Pacer team of Lay, Furnish, Brookbank, and Kadyn Riley finished third.
• In the 3,200-meter relay, the Pacer squad of Brookbank, Collier, Luke Sullivan, and Furnish finished second.
• In the high jump, Riley came in fifth.
• In the long jump, Riley finished in second place and Matthew Young seventh place.
• In the shot put, Graham finished sixth and Trevor Reed was eighth.
• In the discus, Dylan Sullivan finished fourth.