Coach Mark Boggs and his Switzerland County Lady Pacer varsity basketball team will be entering IHSAA tournament play in Sectional #45 at South Ripley beginning next week — and the draw is a favorable one for the Lady Pacers.
The tournament will be played at South Ripley beginning this Tuesday, February 2nd.
• In the tourney’s first game, Milan (1-12) will be playing Southwestern (11-6), tipping off at 6 p.m.; and that game will be followed by South Ripley (13-4) battling North Decatur (4-9). That game should begin at approximately 8 p.m.
• All eyes then shift to Friday night, February 5th, when the Lady Pacers, sporting a Sectional-best record of 16-4, will play the winner of the Milan-Southwestern game at 6 p.m. That will be followed by the second semifinal, which will pit South Decatur (5-13) against the winner of the South Ripley-North Decatur winner at about 8 p.m.
• The two winners from Friday night will then square off for the Sectional championship on Saturday night, February 6th, with the game set to begin at 7:30 p.m.
To attend the Sectional, each fans will have to produce a voucher to be admitted into the gym. Boggs, who is also the Switzerland County athletic director, said that vouchers will be distributed to members of the basketball program for their distribution to family members.
The limited number of fans is in conjunction with the ongoing limitations dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
In other tournament pairings for area teams:
• Rising Sun and Jac-Cen-Del are participating in Sectional #60, with the Eagles playing on Tuesday, February 2nd at 8 p.m. against Oldenburg Academy; while the Lady Shiners will play on Wednesday, February 3rd, in the second game of the night against Hauser.
• Madison will host Sectional #30, and will play North Harrison on Wednesday, February 3rd at 8 p.m.
• Shawe Memorial will play in Sectional #62 at Edinburgh, and will play Trinity Lutheran on Friday, February 5th, at 6 p.m.
The winner of the South Ripley Sectional will advance to the Crawford County Regional set for Saturday, February 13th.
Feeding into the Crawford County Regional along with South Ripley are the Eastern Pekin, Forest Park, and North Knox Sectionals.
At the Regional: the winners from North Knox and Forest Park will play in the first game at 10 a.m.; with the winners from South Ripley and Eastern Pekin playing in the second game at noon.
The Regional championship game will be played on Saturday evening, February 13th, with tip at 8 p.m.
• The Eastern Pekin Sectional features: Eastern Pekin (9-9); Austin (9-11); Crawford County (7-12); Henryville (6-11); Providence (5-14); and Clarksville 6-13).
• The Forest Park Sectional includes: Forest Park (14-3); Southridge (8-8); Evansville Mater Dei (12-3); Perry Central (8-11); South Spencer (10-11); North Posey (2-12); and Tell City (1-12).
• Finally, participants in the North Knox Sectional are: Linton-Stockton (20-1); Eastern Greene (7-5); Vincennes Rivet (13-6); Mitchell (10-2); North Knox (11-7); Paoli (10-4); and South Knox (9-11).