Lady Pacer volleyball falls to South Ripley
The Switzerland County Lady Pacer varsity and jayvee volleyball teams had their home opener last Tuesday night, August 27th, against South Ripley.
“Like all sports teams right now, we are battling illnesses and injuries that left us a little short on both sides of the bench for our jayvee and varsity teams,” head coach Kim Rosen said. “However despite these circumstances our girls fought hard all night.”
The junior varsity team lost in two sets by scores of 17-25, 12-25; and the varsity lost in five sets by scores of 25-21, 27-25, 19-25, 18-25, 7-15.
Coach Rosen gave some ‘shout outs’ to team members on the night:
• Katelynne Whiteford and Madesyn Byrd for stepping up to help their jayvee team out when they needed a deeper bench.
• Carly Bennett for never coming off the varsity court on the night and having a season high of five aces.
• Ally Furnish for having a total of 12 kills and being a huge offensive force.
• Keirstan Oeffinger for fighting through injuries and getting a total of 21 digs against a very aggressive group of South Ripley hitters.
• Brooke Johnson for continuing to be a huge supporter for her team despite her injury keeping her off the floor.