The Switzerland County Pacer girls swim team opened its season with a three-way at South Dearborn that also featured Batesville on Tuesday, November 14th.
Final scores in the meet was Batesville winning with 137; South Dearborn with 106; and Switzerland County finished with 50.
The relay teams included:
– 200-yard medley relay: Abby Cole, Ally Furnish, Aaliyah Ridener, and Abby Niswander placed fourth in a time of 2:41.64.
– 200-yard freestyle relay: Abby Cole, Zoe Cole, Abby Niswander, and Ally Furnish placed second in a time of 2:14.29.
– 400-yard freestyle relay: Zoe Cole, Josie Stogsdill, Chaeli Kurch, and Veronika Synakova placed fifth in a time of 6:39.67.
– Ally Furnish was second in the 200-yard intermediate medley in a time of 2:39.68 and she was also second in the 100-yard breaststroke in a time of 1:21.23.
– Abby Niswander placed third in the 50-yard freestyle in a time of :32.47; and she was fifth in the 100-yard freestyle in a time of 1:19.45.
– Aaliyah Ridener earned fourth place in the 100-yard backstroke in a time of 1:46.81 and she was fifth in the 500-yard freestyle in a time of 9:13.16.
– Abigail Cole was fifth in the 100-yard breaststroke in a time of 1:51.20.
– Zoe Cole was fifth in the 200-yard freestyle in a time of 3:08.01 and she was sixth in the 100-yard freestyle in a time of 1:21.27.
– Chaeli Kurch was fifth in the 100-yard backstroke in a time of 1:51.45 and she was sixth in the 200-yard freestyle in a time of 3:38.96.
– Josie Stogsdill was sixth in the 50-yard freestyle in a time of :52.63.
“We are a very young team but came out and swam very well in or first meet,” head coach Eric Cole said. “The team was led by out only returning swimmer from last year, Ally Furnish. We are looking for great leadership from her in her sophomore season. The girls were very nervous going into this meet. For most of them their swim career began three weeks ago with our first practice. They have worked hard and are improving daily.”