The Switzerland County FFA chapter will hold its annual “Queen of Hearts” pageant this Saturday, February 25th.
The pageant will be held in the cafeteria of Switzerland County High School, and will begin at 7 p.m.
Unique to other pageants, the “Queen of Hearts” pageant asks each candidate to support a charitable platform. The FFA chapter then adopts the platform of the winning candidate during the year.
This year there are seven candidates:
– JODY SUE BREECK is the daughter of Jamie Gammons and Joe Breeck. She is being sponsored in the pageant by the Whitewater Christian Service Camp. Her platform for the pageant is the Whitewater Christian Service Camp.
Jody participates on the girls golf team; the varsity girls basketball team; and the varsity girls track team. She has earned inclusion in the National Honor Society; is a part of the English and science academic teams; and also is a member of student council and the FFA. She is active in SLAC, and the National Historical Society.
Her career ambition is to attending Indiana University and study to become a family physician.
– MAGNOLIA CLAYTON is the daughter of Penny Clayton, and she is being sponsored in the pageant by Uptown Pizza. Maggie’s platform for the pageant is Compassion International.
She is a member of student council; the outdoor club; and the Homecoming committee. She participates on the varsity cross country, track and field, and basketball teams; and she also volunteers at the Switzerland County Animal Shelter; volunteers with the Swiss Wine Festival; and is a member of the Switzerland Baptist Church youth group.
Maggie’s career ambition is to attend the Institute of Culinary Education to study pastry and baking arts.
– ALEXANDRIA NICOLE EDWARDS is being sponsored by RS Home Sales in the pageant; and is the daughter of Michael and Marla Edwards. Her platform for the pageant is the US Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Alex is active in the student council; the Switzerland County FFA; and is a part of the 10th grade leadership program. She is a member of Olive Branch Baptist Church, where she serves as the preschool Sunday School teacher and is also a part of 412 Youth Ministries. She is active in 4-H, where she is a Junior Leader and a member of the Center Square Champs club. She is a member of the National Honor Society.
She plans to attend college and earn a degree in occupational therapy.
– EMMA GIGLIO is advancing a platform of Give Kids the World Village; and is the daughter of Kim Giglio and Frank Giglio. She is being sponsored in the pageant by State Farm Insurance, Jennifer Scudder, agent.
She is a member of the soccer, track, and cheerleading teams; and is active in student council, where she serves as the District Representative of Indiana; and the outdoor club and the Spanish Club. She is a member of ‘Flair’, a competitive dance team; and has volunteered at the Switzerland County Animal Shelter, with the Red Cross, and with the Swiss Wine Festival.
Emma plans to attend Northern Kentucky University to pursue a degree in the medical field.
– SIERRA HAMILTON is being sponsored in the pageant by Cocoa Tan, and her platform in the pageant is the GBS/CIDP Foundation International. She is the daughter of Kimberly Reed and Chris Hamilton.
Sierra is a member of the Spanish Club; and has been a member of the basketball team, the volleyball team, the softball team, and the soccer team. She is a member of the National Honor Society; and has volunteered her time at the YMCA helping coach children’s basketball; and also volunteers at the Swiss Wine Festival.
Her career plans include attending the University of Michigan to study biochemistry and later pursue a degree in medicine.
– LYDIA NORTHCUTT is the daughter of Danielle and Larry Northcutt, and her platform in the pageant is Bullying Awareness. She is being sponsored in the pageant by Curlin Hilltop Farms.
Her activities while in high school include serving on the prom committee; and Lydia also volunteers her time at the Switzerland County YMCA. She has also volunteered with the Switzerland County Lions Club during the Swiss Wine Festival. She has also earned inclusion in the National Honor Society.
Her career plans include attending college at study for a career as a forensic science technician.
– ARIEL OEFFINGER is being sponsored in the pageant by Bear Branch Supply; and she is the daughter of Sarah Oeffinger. Her platform in the pageant is Autism Speaks.
Ariel currently serves as Vice President of the sophomore class; is secretary of BPA; and is a member of student council. She is a member of the varsity softball and volleyball teams; and was chosen to attend the HOBY Indiana Leadership Seminar.
Her career ambition is to attend pharmaceutical school at either Purdue University or Manchester University.