On Saturday, March 3rd, the Switzerland County FFA competed in the District XII Leadership Development Events.
Switzerland County students who participated included:
• Hailey Gerster: second place in Job Interview and participated in Natural Resources Demonstration.
• Nathan Scranton: third place in Extemporaneous Public Speaking.
• Jude French: participated in Plant and Soil Science Demonstration.
• Maci Hankins: participated in Animal Science Demonstration and second place in Leadership Ambassador.
• Kayla Scranton: participated in Prepared Public Speaking.
• Alex Edwards and Katie Lustig: third place in Food Science Demonstration.
• Zach Howlett and Delanie Swanson: participated in Ag Mechanics Demonstration.
• Michael Stanton: third place in Freshman Extemporaneous Speaking.
• Alex Edwards and Tessa Renyer: third place in Horticulture Demonstration.
• Dakota Richards: third place in Creed Speaking.
• Levi Curlin: third place in Prepared Public Speaking.
• Lane Penick: third place in Ag Sales.
• Annabelle Bear: participated in Creed Speaking.
• Levi Baker and Jaydon Day: second place in Animal Science Demonstration.
• Brayden Allen: second place in Horticulture Demonstration.
• Kali Watson, MaKenna Perkins, Olivia Hutchinson, Raychel Hensley: third place in Quiz Bowl.
• Trey Gray, Lane Penick, Michael Stanton, Tyler Lieland: participated in Quiz Bowl.
• Brianna Vinup participated in Persuasive Essay.
Also receiving awards for proficiency applications based upon their Supervised Agricultural Experiences (SAE) are the following students.
• Hailey Gerster: first place in Ag Sales Placement, advancing to state; and second place in Beef Production Entrepreneurship.
• Alex Edwards: first place in Equine Production Entrepreneurship, advancing to state.
• Maci Hankins: second place in Goat Production Entrepreneurship; and second place in Poultry Production Entrepreneurship.
• Tessa Renyer: third place in Small Animal Production Entrepreneurship.