Switzerland County High School will celebrate its Fall Homecoming celebration tomorrow (Friday) night with the Switzerland County versus Edinburgh varsity football game.
Candidates for Homecoming Queen and King have been selected from the senior class; and this year’s royalty will be announced at halftime of the game.
This year’s Queen candidates include:
– KIMBERLY CUTTER is the daughter of Amanda Sowards and Kendrick Cutter; and she is a member of the track and soccer teams. She serves as the Vice President of the Senior Class; is Vice President of the National Honor Society; is President of CORE; and serves as Treasurer of the Key Club. She is also active in the student council and the Pep Club. She is a member of First Baptist Church; and after graduation she plans on attending college to major in business law.
– RILEY KING is the daughter of Jeremy and Melissa King, and serves as the Secretary of the National Honor Society. She was on the Prom Committee; and is a part of Students Against Destructive Decisions; Conservation Club; and the Pep Club. Riley is a member of the golf team; and has also participated on the track and basketball teams. She attended the Hugh O’Brien Youth Leadership Seminar; and earned the 2017 Rising Star Award. She plans on attending the University of Southern Indiana and study in the dental hygiene program.
– KINLEY MORTON is the daughter of Brian and Keisha Morton; and she is a four-year member of the volleyball team and has also participated on the basketball and track teams. She is the Treasurer of the Senior Class; and is also Treasurer of the Pep Club. She is also active in the Pep Club, the Outdoor Club, National Honor Society, SLAC, and was on the Prom Committee. After graduation Kinley plans on attending King’s Daughters’ Hospital’s radiology program and plans on a career as a radiologic technologist.
– EMERSON SCHROER is the daughter of John and Laura Schroer, and she currently serves as the President of Students Against Destructive Decisions. She is a four-year member of the volleyball team; and also was a member of the basketball team. She is also a member of the National Honor Society, Key Club, Outdoor Club, and Pep Club. She earned the Ronald Reagan Presidential Award; was the 2017 Swiss Ambassador winner; and was a state qualifier for the BPA. Her career plans are to attend Indiana University and major in psychology and minor in criminology.
– BRIANNA VINUP is the daughter of Connie Vinup and David Vinup; and she serves as the Executive Vice President of Students Against Destructive Decisions and is also a member of the Student Council. She is a four year member of the track team; and is a member of the cross country team and has participated on the volleyball team. She is a member of the National Honor Society, Key Club, and the Prom Committee. Following graduation Brianna plans on attending Purdue University to study materials engineering.
– KAYLEE WETZEL is the daughter of Michelle Leedy and Joseph Wetzel. She is a member of the cheerleading squad, where she serves as co-captain; and is also a part of the softball team; the Pep Club; Conservation Club; Spanish Club; and serves in the Peer-to-Peer Counseling program. She is the co-President of the National Honor Society; and earned an award for excellence in anatomy and physiology. Her career plans are to attend college and pursue a bachelor’s degree in nursing.
This year’s King candidates include:
– BAILEY BENNETT is the son of Joe Bennett and Lisa Lloyd; and he serves as the President of the Senior Class and served as the Vice President of the Junior Class. He is a member of the Spanish Club; and is active in the Pep Club and the Business Professionals of America. He participates on the soccer, track, and cross country teams; and was the 2017 Swiss Ambassador winner. After graduation Bailey plans on attending either Hanover College or Indiana University; and plans on majoring in accounting and Spanish.
– BRANDEN BENNETT is the son of Bruce and LuAnn Bennett; and he is a four-year member of the baseball team. He is a member of the National Honor Society; is the President of Acapella; and is active in the choir; was a member of the fine arts Academic Team, where he served as the captain; and is also a member of SLAC. He was also a member of the Robotics Team. Branden’s future goal is to attend a four-year college and pursue a double major in music theory and computer science.
– KALEB HARRELL is the son of Josh and Heidi Harrell; and he is a four-year member of the baseball team; and has also been a part of the basketball, golf, and soccer programs. He is active in the FFA; the Fellowship of Christian Athletes; and the Pep Club. He is a captain on the soccer team; was selected for the Sophomore Leadership Program; and competed in the State FFA Agricultural Science Fair. After graduation Kaleb plans on attending Horry Georgetown Community College before transferring to Coastal University to earn a degree in landscape management.
– TYLER PERRY is the son of Joe and Gina Perry; and he is the Secretary of the Senior Class; and also served as the Secretary of the Junior Class. He is Secretary of the CORE group; and is a member of BPA, Pep Club, Key Club, SLAC, National Honor Society; and was a part of the Prom Committee. Tyler has also participated on the basketball and baseball teams; and was a part of the Congressional Leadership Conference his junior year. His career goals are to attend college and major in business administration.
– KYLE WHITHAM is the son of Michelle Barrett and Kevin Whitham, and he is a four year member of the football, soccer, basketball, and baseball programs; and is a three year member of the golf team. He is the Treasurer of the FFA; Vice President of the Conservation Club; and served as the Treasurer of the Junior Class. He is also a member of the National Honor Society; the Pep Club; and the Prom Committee. Kyle’s plans after graduation are to attend the University of Southern Indiana to earn a degree in business administration.
– BRANDON WORKS is the son of Lynn and Sandy Works and he is active in the FFA, currently serving as the organization’s President and previously served as Vice President. He has earned inclusion in the National Honor Society; was a member of the Prom Committee; and also participated on the basketball and cross country teams. He has earned the FFA State Degree; was the FFA Agriscience Fair winner; and was a finalist in the National FFA Agriscience Fair. Brandon’s career plan is to attend Ivy Tech Community College in Columbus and earn a degree in agricultural business and precision technology.