The Switzerland County High School boys varsity track team participated in the IHSAA Track Sectional at Jeffersonville last Thursday night, and Pacer team members Alex Curran and Clint Swanson earned Sectional Championships and the right to move on to the Regional.
Alex Curran won the high jump with a height of 6’2″ – it’s his second straight Sectional title. He also finished fifth in the long jump.
Clint Swanson earned the championship in the 200-meter dash, winning in a time of :23.29. He was also sixth in the 100-meter dash.
Also advancing to the Regional is Braden Burk, who finished fourth overall in the 1,600-meter run. He also finished fifth in the 800-meter run.
The 400-meter relay team of Zack Rodgers, Kevin Adams, Tyler Maxey, and Clint Swanson will also compete in the Regional; as they finished fourth in the Sectional.
Other Switzerland County athletes competing in the Sectional included:
– Michael Douglas was eighth in the 400-meter dash.
– Ben Curran was eighth in the 110-meter high hurdles.
- Zack Rodgers was ninth in the discus.
– Sean Oatman was 10th in the 300-meter intermediate hurdles.
- The 3,200-meter relay team of Braden Burk, Tyler Maxey, Logan Pike, and Damien Woodward was fifth overall.
– The 1,600-meter relay team of Sean Oatman, Michael Douglas, Tyler Maxey, and Logan Pike finished eighth overall.
In the team competition, Jeffersonville won the Sectional with a team score of 155; followed by Madison with 129; Silver Creek with 86; Scottsburg with 76; Switzerland County with 50; Austin with 46; Henryville with 31; Charlestown with 24; New Washington with 21; Southwestern with four; and Rock Creek Academy with one.
The Regional will be held today (Thursday) at Bloomington North High School.