Halloween is just around the corner, and a wide variety of activities kick off this weekend here in Switzerland County as everyone prepares for a holiday that is now the second most popular.
• The town of Vevay will hold its Trick or Treat in town this Saturday, October 27th. It will be held from 6-8 p.m. Residents are reminded to turn their front porch lights on if they are participating.
• Also in Vevay beginning at 5 p.m. this Saturday, the town of Vevay and the Jeff-Craig Volunteer Fire Department will sponsor a Halloween event in the Paul Ogle Riverfront Park.
Everyone is invited to come down and set up for the ‘Trunk or Treat’, and participants are encouraged to decorate their trunk and pass out candy; with a prize being awarded for the best decorated trunk.
Those wanting a ‘Trunk or Treat’ space can register at https://form.jotform.com/casiejesop/trick-or-treat-signup-form.
There will be a parade in the park beginning at 5 p.m.; and there will also be a costume contest at 5:30 p.m. at the basketball courts. Line up for the parade will begin at 4 p.m. at the Jeff-Craig Firehouse on Ferry Street at the bottom of Vevay Hill.
‘Trunk or Treat’ will begin in the park immediately following the parade. Those wishing to participate in ‘Trunk or Treat’ are asked to be at the park by 4 p.m.
Organizers are looking for donations of candy for the event. Donations may be dropped off at the Switzerland County Tourism office, First Financial Bank, or H & Co. Hair Salon.
For more information, contact Traci Earls at (812) 571-0195; Marylee Tolbert at (812) 584-6902; or Casie Jesop at (812) 599-0662.
• The Moorefield Community Fire Department will host its 5th Annual ‘Trunk or Treat’ this Saturday, October 27th from 7-9 p.m. There will be a ‘Best Decorated Truck Contest’.
• ‘Trunk or Treat’ in the town of Patriot will be next Wednesday, October 31st, Halloween night, at the intersection of Highways 156 and 250 from 6-9 p.m. The parking lot at the four-way light will be available for parking.
The Patriot/Posey Park Board consists of President Nicole Renyer, Secretary Amanda Harris, Vice President Brian Winter, Treasurer Theresa Winter, and members Jerry Turner, Samantha Hankinson and Stephany Abplanalp.
• ‘Trunk or Treat’ will be held on Wednesday, October 31st from 6-8 p.m. at Riverview Baptist Church, located at 1341 Spring Branch Road west of Vevay.