The Switzerland County commissioners met on Monday, November 7th, in a regularly scheduled meeting.
In business discussed by the Commissioners:
– EMA Director Tom Moore reported that a county wide test had been done on the emergency notification system last week. Anyone who did not receive the alert on their cell phones should contact Moore. His office number is (812) 427-4301; his cell number is (812) 801-3141. Also, if you would like to receive email alerts or land line alerts, please call him. Moore has been working on a new system with Everbridge, which will replace the previous company.
– Switzerland County Chief Deputy Brian Morton discussed the possibility of installing a security system as people enter the front door of the courthouse. The commissioners advised him to get the input from Judge Coy and they will look into it at a later date.
– The new lighting proposal given by Darrin Woods, was presented to the commissioners and was tabled to a later date.
– The commissioners agreed to build a new bridge at the lower end of Log Lick Road. They advised County Highway Superintendent Darrell Keith to move forward in the permit process.
– The contracts with Comfort Systems were renewed and approved.
– The Commissioners advised County Auditor Gayle Rayles to contact a company to clean the clock tower. Some repair work is needed, but the tower needs cleaned first.
– The Board approved the $7,734 quote from QuestMark to refinish the concrete floor in the county owned SCER building.
-There will be an open house in the newly remodeled SCER building on Saturday, November 12th from 1-5 p.m., and the public is invited.