The Switzerland County Commissioners met on Monday, December 4th, for a regularly scheduled meeting.
Items discussed by the Commissioners included:
– Emergency Management Agency Director Tom Moore asked the board if the newly-formed LEPC could use an office in the TEC Building. Commissioner Josh South didn’t think it would be a good idea, since LEPC is not under the jurisdiction of Switzerland County government and should not furnish them office space. Jerry Monjar made a motion to table the request and the motion was approved.
– The board approved the request to clean and strip the floors in the Jack Sullivan Building of the Switzerland County Senior Citizens Center.
– Comfort Systems was awarded the contract to install a stainless steel boiler in the Switzerland County Jail, which will be paid for by the jail funds. The 2018 maintenance contract was renewed to Comfort Systems.
– A motion was approved for the 2018 county employee pay dates, holidays, and meeting dates. Commissioner Jerry Monjar made a motion to change the commissioners meeting time from 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The motion failed.
– Commissioner Mark Lohide reported that the testing and maintenance of the Moorefield/Bennington sewer plants is near completion. There were a few leaks at Moorefield which are being fixed and then the fence will be installed at both plants around the wetlands.
– County Highway Clerk Carla Armstrong received the Administrative Assistant Award by the state board of commissioners.
– Rosemary Bovard