The Switzerland County Commissioners met on Monday, August 21st, for a regularly scheduled meeting.
Items on the agenda included:
– Doug Foster provided information to the board from ETC regarding the Internet provider.
– Julie Berry presented a contract for a new grant for the East Enterprise Regional Sewer District. The board approved the grant.
– The Switzerland County Highway Department reported that it is waiting on permits from the state to work on the bridge on Pendleton Run.
– The county Fall cleanup is scheduled for September 22nd-24th. The commissioners are looking into finding dumpsters from another source at the present.
– There was a trustee’s claim filed with the courthouse that the commissioners approved. The claim was for $3,200 for a fence repair on private property that the property owner refused to pay. The county will pay the claim, then attach it to the property owner’s tax bill.
– The newly formed county drug coalition met at the Ogle Park to scan the property for anything related to drugs before the opening of this year’s Swiss Wine Festival. The group will meet again on Tuesday, September 19th.