The Switzerland County boys varsity track team opened its new season last week, finishing second overall in a meet at Carroll County High School.
Owen County won the meet with a score of 138; followed by Switzerland County with 129; Henry County with 76; Holy Cross with 68; Ludlow with 68; Carroll County with 61; Trimble County with 54; and Williamstown Independent School with 49.
Individually for the Pacers:
– Clint Swanson won the 200-meter dash in a time of :23.38.
– Quinn Meyer won the long jump with a personal record distance of 20′ 7″. He was also second in the triple jump.
– Alex Curran won the high jump with a height of 6’0″. He was also second in the long jump and seventh in the triple jump.
– Zack Rodgers won the discus with a distance of 112’9″. He was also eighth in the 100-meter dash.
– Braden Burk was second in the 1,600-meter run in personal best time; and he was also second in the 3,200-meter run in personal best time.
– Kevin Adams was third in the high jump.
– Sean Oatman was fourth in the 110-meter high hurdles and fifth in the 300-meter intermediate hurdles.
– Bradley Cox was fourth in the shot put.
– T.J. White was fifth in the 3,200-meter run.
– Zack Park was fifth in the 110-meter high hurdles.
– Alex Herbert was eighth in the discus.
– The 400-meter relay team of Clint Swanson, Zack Rodgers, Logan Pike, and Kevin Adams was sixth.
– The 400-meter relay team of Sawyer Lieland, Christian Stogsdill, Riley Pegg, and Zack Park was seventh.
– The 800-meter relay team of Clint Swanson, Zack Rodgers, Quinn Meyer, and Kevin Adams was third.
– The 800-meter relay team of Sawyer Lieland, Christian Stogsdill, Riley Pegg, and Zack Park was fifth.
– The 3,200-meter relay team of T.J. White, Braden Burk, Sean Oatman, and Logan Pike was third.