The Community Foundation of Switzerland County, Inc. is pleased to announce that the online application is now available for the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship.
One scholarship will be awarded in Switzerland County in 2016.
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship will provide full tuition for four years of undergraduate study leading to a baccalaureate degree, all required fees, and up to $900 a year for required books and equipment. It does not pay for room and board. If you meet the following requirements, you may apply for this scholarship:
• Minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
• Must be a graduate from Switzerland County High School or resident of Switzerland County
• Must be receiving/have received an Academic Honors Diploma
• SAT scores are taken into consideration
• Financial Need: must be willing to submit an online College Costs Estimator and give approval for a report to be sent to the Community Foundation
• Activities (community service, school activities and work experience) are taken into consideration
• Essay required
• Must participate in a monitored, 45-minute writing session
• Must graduate from an accredited Indiana high school in 2016 and receive your diploma no later than June 30th, 2016 (a high school is considered accredited for purposes of the program if it is accredited by the State Board of Education or by a national or regional accreditation agency that is recognized by the State Board of Education)
• Will be entering college for the first time in the fall of 2016
• Must have been accepted to pursue a full-time baccalaureate course of study at an Indiana public or private nonprofit college or university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
• May only apply to one community foundation for the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship
• Are of good character and are willing to be held to a higher expectation level in all facets of life
• Are willing to sign a Code of Conduct Agreement
If you would like to apply, you may complete the online application at www.cfsci.org/lilly-scholarship.php. The application deadline is Thursday, January 7th at 3 p.m.
The Community Foundation administers the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program locally. The Foundation’s selection committee will evaluate applicants on academics, financial need, activities (school activities, community service, and work experience), and writing samples. All four of the evaluation criteria will be worth 25-percent each. The selection committee will also continue to use a blind process to evaluate the applications, meaning committee members will not know whose applications they are evaluating.
Each year, the Community Foundation’s selection committee submits their recommendation for a recipient to Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI), who makes the final decision on all Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship recipients. Lilly Endowment, Inc. contracts with them to administer the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program. ICI is a nonprofit corporation that represents 31 regionally accredited degree granting, nonprofit, private colleges and universities in the state.
If you have any questions about the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship or the Community Foundation in general, please contact Pam Acton or Melissa Andrew at (812) 427-9160 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community Foundation of Switzerland County’s mission is: ‘Connecting People Who Care With Causes That Matter For Good For Ever For Switzerland County’.