The Switzerland County Pacer swim team hosted a four-way meet last Monday night, November 20th, against Lanesville, Providence, and South Ripley.
The Lady Pacers were led by sophomore Allison Furnish. She broke her school record in the 100-yard butterfly in a time of 1:15.93; and nearly broke her 50-yard freestyle record – missing by only .12 second in a time of :27.73.
Also swimming for the lady Pacer were:
– Abby Cole: Fifth in the 200-yard freestyle and fourth in the 100-yard breaststroke, both in personal best times.
– Aaliyah Ridener: Third in the 200-yard intermediate medley and third in the 100-yard backstroke, both in personal best times.
– Abby Niswander: First in the 100-yard freestyle and third in the 50-yard freestyle, both in personal best times.
– Josie Stogsdill: 11th in the 100-yard freestyle and seventh in the 100-yard backstroke, both in personal best times.
– Zoe Cole: Second in the 100-yard freestyle in a personal best time.
– Veronika Synakova: set a personal best time in the 100-yard freestyle.
– Chaeli Kurch: Fourth in the 500-yard freestyle in a personal best time.
The Pacers also had two boys swimming in the meet, led by Dalton Faddis. He placed first in the 200-yard freestyle in a personal best time of 2:50.11; and was second in the 500-yard freestyle.
Hayden Knapp swam his first varsity meet and finished fourth in the 50-yard freestyle and sixth in the 100-yard freestyle.
“How many times can a coach say that nearly ever time that his team went in the water they came out with a personal best time?” Coach Eric Cole said. “I am really proud of the effort our team is putting into this season.”
On Monday night the Lady Pacer swim team participated in the Charlestown Invitational, which included swimmers from nine different schools. Coach Cole said that his squad was short handed in the meet due to illness, but still posted some outstanding times and efforts.
– Zoe Cole was seventh in the 50-yard freestyle in a time of :33.67.
– Abigail Niswander finished eighth in the 100-yard freestyle in a time of 1:14.08; and she was 12th in the 200-yard freestyle in a time of 3:02.42.
– The 200-yard freestyle relay team of Chaeli Kurch, Aaliyah Ridener, Abigail Cole, and Niswander was ninth in a time of 2:34.59.
– The 200-yard medley relay team of Zoe Cole, Abigail Cole, Ridener, and Niswander finished 11th in a time of 2:57.32.
– Abigail Cole was 14th in the 50-yard freestyle in a time of :36.85; and she was 15th in the 100-yard breaststroke in a time of 1:51.05.
– Kurch was 16th in the 100-yard freestyle in a time of 1:28.21; and she was also 16th in the 100-yard backstroke in a time of 1:54.81.
– Ridener was 18th in the 100-yard breaststroke in a time of 2:15.98.